If you’re considering a cloud migration, you know that the journey may not be so straightforward. Your organization requires a solution that is tailored to your current and future needs as your business expands, and a partner with the platform expertise and thought leadership to execute without a fault.
Why Migrate Your Database to Azure Cloud?
Ensure database scalability to address the need for increased capacity and handle growing amount of work. Improve database availability and performance when demand is changing, especially when changes are unpredictable.
You can increase or decrease computing power either by changing the Azure DB performance tier or using elastic database features that automatically adjust computing throughput, depending on the workload.
This allows you to add more database instances and partition your data into shards to spread the load over multiple databases.
Moving an SQL database to Azure simplifies its management drastically. Azure SQL Database is a fully managed Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that automatically handles essential database management functions, such as patching, updating, monitoring user activities, performance checks, and data backups.
Save on costs by pausing compute resources when you don’t need them. To estimate costs, you need to review and account for all the resources required to run your workloads in Azure. To acquire this data, you create inventory of your assets, including servers, VMs, databases, and storage.
Power Disaster Recovery
Neatly transfer your database traffic to Azure Database whenever the on-prem server goes offline or becomes overloaded. For static and incremental backups, Azure Backup will keep six encrypted copies of your data across several data centers. The idea behind is to always ensure data availability and integrity.
Faster Reporting with a DWH Solution in Azure Cloud
cleaned and governed data
faster regulatory reporting
source of truth for all data
The customer was spending a lot of man hours collection, curating and cleaning up data to get it ready for reporting. Adastra built a Data Warehouse solution in Azure Cloud that now serves as a single source of truth and turns data into actionable insights.
25% Shipping Cost Optimization for Supply Chain
decrease in delayed shipments
decrease in shipping cost
source of truth for all data
Our client wanted to enable intelligent retail by leveraging Microsoft Power BI to power the company’s cloud-native retail order management analytics.
Adastra developed an Azure Data Warehouse solution that facilitates advanced analytics using Microsoft Power BI.
What we do to migrate your DB to Azure
Adastra helps you plan and efficiently migrate your database to the Azure Cloud with a fully managed SQL database Azure service. As a Gold Microsoft Partner, you can tap into our vast expertise and rely on us to help you guide the way to creating a secure and cost-efficient cloud-based single shared repository of data.
Strategy alignment and roadmap
Identify what are your data strategy, cloud maturity and environment. Based on the findings, we not only design your database migration solution as per your requirements, but also create a roadmap for future migration activities to the entire organization.
Leverage our experienced team of seasoned professionals to build your database in Azure cloud and workloads, move your data from on-premise to the cloud. Tap into Adastra’s expertise and benefit from frameworks, based on best practices and implemented in numerous other successful deliveries.
Handover and training
We make sure your team is fully capable of managing the implemented Database and is comfortable working with it. Optionally, you can benefit from Adastra’s Managed Services.
Approach to Database Migration to Azure
- Discover: Explore inventory database assets including full application stack discovery.
- Assess: Assess existing workloads and provide fix recommendations.
- Convert: Convert the source schema to work in the target environments.
- Migration Schema, Data & Objects: Migrate the source schema and data to the target.
- Sync Data: For minimal downtime, sync target schema and data with the source.
- Cutover: For minimal downtime, cut over from the source to target environment.
- Remediate Application: Iteratively make any necessary changes to your applications.
- Perform Tests: Iteratively run functional and performance tests.
- Optimize Tests: Based on the tests performed, address any performance issues, and retest to confirm improvements.
Migrate your databases to Azure now
Adastra offers end-to-end services to guarantee the success of your cloud migration and the ability to leverage your Data on Azure. Through 50+ implementations, we have developed a set of best practices and accelerators to deliver trusted results faster. As Azure continues to prove its industry leading position in speed, scale, integration, and efficiency, Adastra continues to stand and evolve as a Gold Microsoft partner for Data, Analytics, and AI-driven digital transformation on the Cloud.
- Choose SQL Server in Azure VMs if:
- You want to “lift and shift” your database and applications with minimal to no changes.
- You prefer having full control over your database server and the VM it runs on.
- You already have SQL Server and Windows Server licenses that you intend to use.
- Choose Azure SQL Database if:
- You want to modernize your applications and use other PaaS services in Azure.
- You do not wish to manage your database server and the running VMs.
- You do not have SQL Server or Windows Server licenses, or you do intend to renew the existing licenses.
If you choose the second option, then you are in the right place. If you choose the first option, please refer to VM Migration to Azure.
Can I still use tools such as SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with SQL Server in Azure VMs or Azure SQL Database?
Yes. All Microsoft SQL tooling works with both services. SSRS is not a part of Azure SQL Database, though, and it is recommended that you run it in an Azure VM and then point it to your database instance.
You don’t need to worry about that, Adastra will help you with a free cloud migration assessment to identify if your database is compatible and we will provide you with recommendations if it is not.